Associate Director, Advancement & Philanthropic Partnerships
- Washington, DC
- Full Time
- Senior Manager/Supervisor
The Institute for Women’s Policy Research (IWPR) is the nation’s preeminent think tank committed to achieving economic equity for women and eliminating structural and institutional barriers to women’s full participation in the workforce and society.
IWPR’s mission is to build knowledge and evidence to support policies that help grow women’s economic power and influence in society, close inequality gaps, and improve the economic security and well-being of girls, women, and families. We generate the ideas that build power and economic equity for all women.
Statement on Racial Equity and Intersectionality
At IWPR, we believe social and economic mobility in the United States is determined and influenced by race, ethnicity, class, gender identity, sexual orientation, and other markers of difference. In working to achieve economic equity and to better understand the experiences of all women in the workforce and in society, we use both racial equity and intersectional frameworks in our research and analysis to help generate strategies and solutions that are grounded in the economic realities of women and families.
We also prioritize building an inclusive and welcoming work environment that values the diverse perspectives and experiences of all staff.
IWPR seeks an Associate Director, Advancement & Philanthropic Partnerships to build a growing major funding program with strong external communication and relationship-driven donor engagement and stewardship in alignment with IWPR’s bold agenda. Reporting to and working closely with the Vice President, Advancement & Philanthropic Engagement the Associate Director, Advancement & Philanthropic Partnerships will execute a national major donor engagement and stewardship strategy – building a strong relationship with IWPR’s current funding partners and creating new opportunities with individual, foundation, and corporate prospective partners. The Associate Director, Advancement & Philanthropic Partnerships will be responsible for establishing and implementing the infrastructure needed to sustain and grow IWPR’s budget through private and family foundations, individuals, and corporate partnerships.
The ideal candidate is an entrepreneurial, goal-oriented, and relationship-driven collaborative leader. They are also familiar with current fundraising practices and programs. They will also have impeccable writing and communication skills and believes in building-relationships and being bold fundraisers.
This position is full-time and non-exempt, and based in Washington, DC.
Drive Execution of Advancement Programs, Policies, and Procedures
- Build a portfolio of major donor partnerships with a mix of individual and corporate prospects and some institutional partners
- Manage the bookends of the grant application lifecycle – from letters of inquiry, working with leadership, writing/editing and stewarding – of private and corporate foundations and individual funding proposals
- Work with the VP, Advacement + Philanthropic Engagement to create fundraising metrics and major gift projections and major funder proposal templates
- Serve as a lead on all individual major donor relationships and steward appropriately
- Serve as lead writer for new grants and major funding proposals, especially complicated, cross-department, and multi-year projects
- Establish and launch a Corporate Partnership Program and manage Sponsorship Opportunities
- Work as the liaison to the Research Team, and Policy Team to understand current and future projects, short and long term initiatives and gaps in funding
- Work closely with VP and Senior Director, Grants and Contracts to ensure all funding submissions, tracking, reporting requirements and metrics are of the highest quality and delivered to foundation, corporate, and individuals as needed
Other Professional and Personal Qualities
- Motivated by working in an environment where we live into our mission and core values daily;
- Skilled at listening, learning, and creatively finding resolutions while maintaining the highest level of personal and professional integrity and maintaining confidential information;
- Ability to work strategically and collaboratively across the organization;
- Ability to work well under pressure with tight deadlines and multiple priorities;
Ideal candidates may also demonstrate the following preferred qualifications:
- You bring established experience working on a fundraising team, preferably in the non-profit sector and/or in a mission-driven organization
- You enjoy active listening, relationship-building, and IWPR’s bold agenda
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s or equivalent professional certificate preferred. At least 3 years experience in fundraising, development, or outreach.
$87,000 to $102,000 and will be commensurate with experience. IWPR provides competitive salaries and a generous benefits package.
Individuals from underrepresented groups encouraged to apply. IWPR is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.